Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VMI KEYDET DEMONSTRATION MUSKET MATCH

rachbobo is offline Banned
    Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    So far I count West Point, VMI and Virginia Tech. Is this open to others ? I know a few Citadel alum who might want to get in on the fun by forming a team of Keydets also.
    If so, I'll pass the word and maybe they will want to join in.

Bill Cheek

Team:
    R. Preston Chew's Battery, ANV
    9269V
    Region:
    Chesapeake - Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio
    Great Mark. Appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark w/Stuart's Horse View Post
    Am willing to help out in any way with the teams of Keydets or Cadets. Have muskets, leathers. Rounds (lubed and sized) Can provide tents and sleeping bags. What ever you need, JUST ASK!
    Mark Elton #4650V
    1st Stuart Horse Artiilerty
    Potomac #13
    Tom Magno
    R. Preston Chew's Battery
    9269V

Team:
    9269V
    Region:
    Bill,
    If you can recruit an N-SSA skirmisher (or team) to step up and lead the effort for Citadel that would be fine as long as he/she understands the requirements for number of Keydets needed, sponsor skirmishers, and is willing to work out all of the logistics (travel to/from, etc). Have that person contact me, and this is turning out to be bigger than we imagined - which is a good thing!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rachbobo View Post
    So far I count West Point, VMI and Virginia Tech. Is this open to others ? I know a few Citadel alum who might want to get in on the fun by forming a team of Keydets also.
    If so, I'll pass the word and maybe they will want to join in.

Bill Cheek
    Tom Magno
    9269V

Team:
    9269V
    Region:

MEETING for those interested in the KEYDET vs CADET DEMO MUSKET MATCH

There will be a short (30 min) meeting for skirmishers that are involved, those who may have interest, and Sutler Sponsors interested in helping in the Sesquicentennial 126th National Special Event (Keydet vs Cadet Demo Musket Match). For anyone that has an interest in helping in any way, your presence is welcome and we will have a short Q&A to discuss the event.

When: Friday, 7 OCT, 2011 at 1800 (6pm) (this Fall Nationals)
    Where: Union Guard Campsite Pavilion

Please RSVP to myself and Phil Spaugy if you are planning to attend (cwskirmisher AT ntelos DOT net; pspaugy AT AOL dot COM) and bring a folding chair to sit on. The meeting is an hour after the last shooting event on the range, and an hour before the membership meeting in the barn.

I will also be collecting the equipment for the VMI team at that time for those adopt-a-Keydet sponsors that can attend.

See you there!

Tom Magno
    Last edited by Tom Magno, 9269V; 09-16-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Tom Magno
    9269V

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    Ken, as we talked about at Nationals, John and I will be supporting by providing bullets for Samantha's musket, which we're bringing to her this weekend at VT, as well as loaning my musket, bullets, leathers, pouches, etc. for an additional cadet. We'd be ok with helping out by coming up to help train cadets as well, if you need us. Drop me a line at rcci AT mindspring DOT com with your phone number, we'll be in Blacksburg all weekend.

Go Hokies! I wanna see my daughter and her team out-shoot VMI and the Academy, LOL.

We have another team member who is thinking about lending gear, a gun and bullets as well.

C'mon skirmishers, help out the VT team, and help Ken find another 7 sponsors to support the team to compete next fall at the demonstration event! What a great chance to see a cool demo, and maybe even get some new members for our organization!
    Cordially,

Vicky Rowe
    N-SSA Forum & Site Admin
    Rowan Artillery

Team:
    9269V
    Region:

VMI Keydet Musket Team - Live Fire practice

John Zebelean and I went to the new VMI North Range complex on Friday to give the Keydet team some live trigger time on the muskets. They did a great job and are really excited about facing off against VT in the fall. The new indoor range complex has two full 15 position ranges so two events can be going on simultaneously. The huge air mover had no trouble handling the black powder smoke. Shooting indoors was a 'breeze'!! These young men were very professional, asked great questions, and John gave them a history lesson on each firearm we had there. The team also represents the Rockinham County Civil War Roundtable and Historical Society.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tom Magno, 9269V; 04-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Tom Magno
    9269V

Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
    Well done.

And thanks to all of the skirmisher sponsors that are making this unique and special event possible.

Phil
    Regards,

Phil Spaugy

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina

How to make a donation?

Tom,

For those of us who cannot participate directly, how may we make a donation to help supprot this endeavour?
    Frank ( MIKE) Hale, 0063V
    First Richmond Rifles, 003CV

Team:
    9269V
    Region:
    Mike -
    Thank you for that kind and generous offer. Fortunately and to the credit of many, we don't need funding - we received generous donations of powder, caps and lube from some of the Sutlers, and the skirmisher sponsors are genreously providing any provisions (food and shelter, muskets and ammo) needed for their respective Keydets/Cadets. Additional needs/requirements are being provided by the N-SSA, as the Board has approved and funded the event and will procure the target material and all awards to be given to the participants.
    If you would like to show your support - I would ask you to support the Sutlers who generously provided materials - Miami Valley Sutler and Back Creek Gun Shop (Phil, am I fogetting anyone?)... and come to the match and cheer for the Keydets/Cadets ! You will see all 20 of them at the Fort on Friday, Oct 5th for the match (scheduled for noon), and they will be there overnight through Saturday - so seek them out and congratulate them - these may be future skirmishers!

Tom
    Tom Magno
    9269V

Team:
    9269V
    Region:

Thanks to all who participated and sponsored the VMI vs VT musket match!

I just wanted to write a note of thanks to all of those who volunteered, loaned equipment and donated supplies to the VMI vs VT demonstration musket match. The event was a huge success, and the Cadets (both sides) thoroughly enjoyed the experience as did countless spectators! The event could not have been done without your selfless donatations of time, money, equipment and expertise. Thank you to all of you, and also to Phil and Linwood who always found a way to say 'yes' when we came up against a roadblock, and to Ken Stiles who took on the burden and task of training and recruiting the VT team. It was a very rewarding experience for me personally, and I thank you all.

Tom Magno
    9269V
    Tom Magno
    9269V